Nitrogen (N) is the element most demanded by crops. Plants basically absorb this element from the soil, however, in many situations the soil is unable to provide the necessary amount for the proper development of crops. For this situation, nitrogen fertilizer is necessary. Nitrogen fertilizers play a fundamental role for plants, as nitrogen is a constituent element of proteins, in addition to being a structural component of chlorophyll, which is essential for the process of photosynthesis.
One of the strategies to maximize the use of urea and reduce losses through volatilization is the incorporation of this fertilizer into the soil at a depth of at least 5 cm. This type of management practically eliminates losses by volatilization, however, with a huge operational cost. Currently, fertilizer applications made by broadcast seek precisely to optimize operations on rural properties.
In the broadcast application, we must be very careful with the timing of this operation. The ideal is to apply it with dry soil, before the rain so that it is responsible for solubilizing the fertilizer and carrying it to the subsurface layers of the soil, thus incorporating the nitrogen fertilizer and reducing losses.
The use of urease inhibitors together with urea is also an excellent tool for the producer to avoid nitrogen losses by volatilization.
Cibra has the Nitrocap line of nitrogenous products that can delay the action of the urease enzyme for around 10 days.
To increase the safety of nitrogen application, and the efficiency of the use of the element by plants, count on Nitrocap.
Type of use
Nitrogen (N) is, after carbon (C), hydrogen (H) and oxygen (O), the element most demanded by plants. Part of the amount of nitrogen required by crops can be supplied by the soil, however, in many situations the soil is unable to meet all the demand for nitrogen, making nitrogen fertilization necessary.
The use of urease inhibitors delays the action of urease for up to 10 days, which delays the volatilization process. The inhibitor will not eliminate losses, but it will reduce volatilization by 50 to 60% compared to common urea.
Cibra’s Nitrocap range is an excellent ally for farmers to supply pure nitrogen or combined with other essential nutrients.
Duration of treatment with NBPT is up to 4 months, after these 4 months the NBPT starts to reduce its efficiency.
It allows application by covering, causing a better use of the fertilization.
- Reduction of nitrogen losses by volatilization due to excessive hydrolysis of urea at the soil surface
- Reduces nitrogen point cost for farmers when compared to its higher efficiency
- Increase in productivity due to greater nitrogen uptake
- Facilitates nitrogen management for the farmer, application on the soil surface and at the recommended time
- Stabilized fertilizer that has an efficient and proven method of action for Urease Inhibition (NBPT)
- Allows broadcast application in adverse weather conditions, causing greater use of fertilizer
- Allows a greater number of days, after nitrogen fertilization, for its incorporation by rainwater or irrigation
- Increase in nitrogen uptake, productivity, nitrogen fertilization efficiency and crop quality
- Low usage dose when compared to other nitrogen sources (high nitrogen fertilizer and reduced loss)
Uniform grains, orange color.
- Sugar cane
Types of packaging
Bags of 50 Kg or Big Bag.
The ideal storage conditions should be highlighted:
- Closed place to protect Nitrocap nitrogen fertilizer from bad weather (soil, rain and fog) and especially direct sunlight.
- Environment protected from moisture, which can cause agglomerations and dust, impairing spreading capabilities.
- Open storage should be avoided. If there is no alternative, the place must be well drained and the packages must be placed on pallets or pallets (thermal protection).
- Cover the piles with heavy-duty plastic wrap or tarp to withstand adverse weather.
- Carry out the lashing with a strong rope.
- Use pallets on top of the pile and white plastic films to avoid temperatures exceeding 32°C (50°C) for fertilizers based on ammonium nitrate, avoiding thermocycling with expansion and contraction of the granules until they rupture, generating dust.
How to transport the goods
The forklift must be suitable for the load to be moved. When moving Big Bags suspended by the forklift forks, there is a danger of the forklift becoming unstable. The container should be placed close to the forklift tower and as low as possible, with the tower tilted back slightly.
Make sure the Big Bag body is not damaged by the forklift wheels. The load must not restrict the operator’s view. Big Bags must not be dragged. The forklift must come to a complete stop before the Big Bag is raised or lowered.
Health and safety
- It is essential that people directly involved in handling products, Big Bags or Sacarias use the respective personal protective equipment (PPE) appropriate to the activity and product to be handled.
- Unsuitable for human and animal consumption.
- Avoid inhalation and contact with eyes and skin.
- Keep out of the reach of children and animals.
Stacking a maximum of 3 big bags in height, always respect the height limit of the stacks. If the batteries are above the ideal limit, they run the risk of becoming unstable and collapsing, which can cause accidents, in addition to impairing the quality of the products.
Nitrocap nitrogen fertilizer should be placed on a well-drained surface, with a firm base, if possible on pallets, and at a distance of 1 meter from the walls of the shed. The use of a mechanical arm coupled to tractors or motorized forklifts is recommended as preferred for unloading packages and forming loads, both for big bags and for pallets with sacks.
The pile must not tilt. If this happens, immediate storage is necessary, preferably mechanically, with the utmost attention to the possibility of the packaging(s) collapsing and the risk of accidents.
The pile must be protected with canvas, fixing it well around the packaging.
In the event of an accident with the product
Seek medical attention in case of ingestion or any adverse reaction.
Indicated on the label next to the guarantees, provided that the indicated storage conditions are observed.