Potassium Chloride (KCl) has about 60% K₂O in its composition to provide the necessary nutrients for different types of crops.
Potassium (K) is an essential macronutrient for plant development, above all, contributing to minimize crop yield losses.
KCl has high quality and efficiency to ensure a progressive growth of the plant, it even acts as an osmotic regulator, preventing its dehydration and helps in the photosynthesis process.
With a high concentration of potassium (K), this granulated fertilizer from the potassium group is indicated for the cultivation of coffee, corn, soybeans, rice, wheat, cotton, citrus, grapes, carrots, mangoes, tomatoes, potatoes, apples, vegetables, among others. Its proven effectiveness guarantees a high productivity crop.
Easy to apply, KCl fertilizer is one of the most used in crop fertilization plans, because in addition to producing carbohydrates, it acts on protein synthesis and significantly improves grain quality. With a high potassium content, Potassium Chloride (KCl) fertilizer can quickly provide all the nutrients the crop needs to grow stably.
Type of use
KCl fertilizer meets the potassium needs of crops.
Potassium (K) is an extremely important nutrient for crops, since it is the main osmotic regulator of plant cells. Potassium Chloride (KCl) is the main supplier of this nutrient since there is a high concentration of Potassium (K) in the NPK formulations produced.
Can be used on the roof.
- KCl fertilizer has a high potassium content and its rapid availability to plants
Granules in red or white.
Types of packaging
Bags of 50 Kg, Big Bag or Bulk.
The ideal storage conditions should be highlighted:
- Closed place to protect the potassium chloride (KCl) fertilizer from bad weather (soil, rain and fog) and especially direct sunlight.
- Environment protected from moisture, which can cause agglomerations and dust, impairing spreading capabilities.
- Open storage should be avoided. If there is no alternative, the place must be well drained and the packages must be placed on pallets or pallets (thermal protection).
- Cover the piles with heavy-duty plastic wrap or tarp to withstand adverse weather.
- Carry out the lashing with a strong rope.
- Use pallets on top of the pile and white plastic films to avoid temperatures exceeding 32°C (50°C) for fertilizers based on ammonium nitrate, avoiding thermocycling with expansion and contraction of the granules until they rupture, generating dust.
How to transport the goods
The forklift must be suitable for the load to be moved. When moving Big Bags suspended by the forklift forks, there is a danger of the forklift becoming unstable. The container should be placed close to the forklift tower and as low as possible, with the tower tilted back slightly.
Make sure the Big Bag body is not damaged by the forklift wheels. The load must not restrict the operator’s view. Big Bags must not be dragged. The forklift must come to a complete stop before the Big Bag is raised or lowered.
Health and safety
- It is essential that people directly involved in handling products, big bags or sacks use the respective personal protective equipment (PPE) appropriate to the activity and product to be handled.
- Unsuitable for human and animal consumption.
- Avoid inhalation and contact with eyes and skin.
- Keep out of the reach of children and animals.
Stacking a maximum of 3 big bags in height, always respect the height limit of the stacks. If the batteries are above the ideal limit, they run the risk of becoming unstable and collapsing, which can cause accidents, in addition to impairing the quality of the products.
The Potassium Chloride (KCl) fertilizer should be placed on a well-drained surface, with a firm base, if possible on pallets and with a distance of 1 meter from the walls of the shed. The use of a mechanical arm coupled to tractors or motorized forklifts is recommended as preferred for unloading packages and forming loads, both for big bags and for pallets with sacks.
The pile must not tilt. If this happens, immediate storage is necessary, preferably mechanically, with the utmost attention to the possibility of the packaging(s) collapsing and the risk of accidents.
The pile must be protected with canvas, fixing it well around the packaging.
In the event of an accident with the product
Seek medical attention in case of ingestion or any adverse reaction.
Indicated on the label next to the guarantees, provided that the indicated storage conditions are observed.