One of the most widely available fertilizers on the market, being the first industrially manufactured fertilizer, super simple phosphate, also known as SSP, is composed of 18% to 21% Phosphorus, at least 16% Calcium and up to 10% Sulfur.
Its differential lies in sulfur in the form of calcium sulfate.
The presence of phosphorus is essential for plant metabolism, being responsible for providing energy to plant cells, acting in respiration and photosynthesis.
How and when to use the Super Simple fertilizer?
Super simple phosphate fertilizer, called SSP or just super simple, is a fertilizer that provides three important essential nutrients for plants. Its use as a fertilizer brings benefits to the farmer and his crop.
Type of use
Super Simple Phosphate (SSP) is used to meet soil phosphorus needs according to the analysis.
In the planting furrow or casting.
- The use of Super Simple Phosphate has the benefit of offering the farmer a single input that has three macronutrients in a single granule: phosphorus (P), sulfur (S) and calcium (Ca). The forms that phosphorus, calcium and sulfur are found in SSP are readily available for consumption by plants.
Gray colored granules.
Types of packaging
Bags of 50 Kg, Big Bag or Bulk.
The ideal storage conditions should be highlighted:
- Enclosed place to protect the SSP fertilizer from bad weather (soil, rain and fog) and especially direct sunlight.
- Environment protected from moisture, which can cause agglomerations and dust, impairing spreading capabilities.
- Open storage should be avoided. If there is no alternative, the place must be well drained and the packages must be placed on pallets or pallets (thermal protection).
- Cover the piles with heavy-duty plastic wrap or tarp to withstand adverse weather.
- Carry out the lashing with a strong rope.
- Use pallets on top of the pile and white plastic films to avoid temperatures exceeding 32°C (50°C) for fertilizers based on ammonium nitrate, avoiding thermocycling with expansion and contraction of the granules until they rupture, generating dust.
How to transport the goods
The forklift must be suitable for the load transported. To avoid the forklift becoming unstable when suspending big bags, accommodate two handles on which fork.
To adjust the handles, make sure the forklift is off. After the manual accommodation of the handles, the employee must move away before lifting the big bag.
During handling, the big bag must be lifted as little as possible to avoid rubbing against the floor or other parts of the forklift and to not restrict the operator’s view.
The big bag must be accommodated without human intervention when removing the handles. The removal should only happen with the forklift in reverse or with the help of an employee.
Important: never make manual interventions in the accommodation with the forklift in motion.
Health and safety
- It is essential that people directly involved in handling products, big bags or sacks use the respective personal protective equipment (PPE) appropriate to the activity and product to be handled.
- Unsuitable for human and animal consumption.
- Avoid inhalation and contact with eyes and skin.
- Keep out of the reach of children and animals.
Stacking a maximum of 3 big bags in height, always respect the height limit of the stacks. If the batteries are above the ideal limit, they run the risk of becoming unstable and collapsing, which can cause accidents, in addition to impairing the quality of the products.
The Super Simple Phosphate fertilizer should be placed on a well-drained surface, with a firm base, if possible on pallets and with a distance of 1 meter from the walls of the shed.
The use of a mechanical arm coupled to tractors or motorized forklifts is recommended as preferred for unloading packages and forming loads, both for big bags and for pallets with sacks.
The pile must not tilt. If this happens, immediate storage is necessary, preferably mechanically, with the utmost attention to the possibility of the packaging(s) collapsing and the risk of accidents.
The pile must be protected with canvas, fixing it well around the packaging.
In the event of an accident with the product
Seek medical attention in case of ingestion or any adverse reaction.
Indicated on the label next to the guarantees, provided that the indicated storage conditions are observed.